COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN - Sunset Hills Funeral Home, Crematorium and Cemetery will continue to operate 24/7 to serve our families. We acknowledge the ever-changing situation that COVID-19 has brought to Funeral Service. To be as responsive as possible, we continue to make changes to our business practices. Please check our web page for regular updates.
While we are keeping normal business hours, we are not operating as business as usual. As with all first responders, the health and safety of our community and staff is very important to us. To that end, our primary goal is to be socially responsible and comply with all State and local orders for public safety.
Serving families in Lane County is our mission. During the COVID-19 outbreak, we vow to go out of our way to keep everybody as safe as possible while visiting Sunset Hills, or whenever they come in contact with our staff.
Below are additional procedures Sunset Hills has recently implemented in an effort to deliver quality care and services to families and protect the health of all. These protocols are subject to change as necessary.
- Virtual Arrangements: We will endeavor to assist customers remotely through electronic means whenever possible.
- Online cremation arrangements can be planned via our website for both present and future needs. Please visit the Online Arrangements section at Sunsethillseugene.com
- Video conferencing, electronic documents signing, and email are also available.
- On-site Arrangements: Until further notice, arrangement meetings are by appointment only, and will be limited to a maximum of four (4) people.
- Social Distancing: For everyone’s safety, we will actively be practicing social distancing. Six (6) feet of space will be required by all customers and staff. The wearing of facemask is for all persons over the age of 5 years of age that visit our facilities. During those instances when documents require signature, payment needs to be made, or other materials need to exchange hands, we will be utilizing multiple methods to keep our families safe. Ex: single use pens and/or gloves if needed.
Masks, Face Shields, Face Covering are required: For indoor or outdoor events at Sunset Hills, customers and visitors five (5) years of age or older are kindly asked to wear a face mask, face shield, or face covering while at our facility, except as follows:
- Masks, face shields or face coverings are not required while eating or drinking.
- Individuals who have a medical condition that makes it hard to breathe or a disability that prevents the individual from wearing a mask, face shield or face covering may request an accommodation. Note: Accommodations in most cases will necessitate attendance of event being virtual.
- Children under the age of five (5). Though not required, it is strongly recommended that children over the age of three (3), wear a mask, face shield, or face covering at all times. we urge that if masks, face shields or face coverings are worn by children under the age of 12, that they be worn with the assistance and close supervision of an adult.
- Public Gatherings (published events): Funeral and Memorial Services with published times are currently NOT being scheduled at this time. In certain cases, Visitations and/or Graveside Services are being scheduled if they meet certain criteria.
- Private Gatherings (not published): Private gatherings will be allowed at our facility, however they must stay in compliance with all State and Local regulations. No gathering currently may exceed a maximum of 50 people indoors or 100 people outdoors. All social distancing protocols must be utilized during the event and wearing of facemask is required at these functions. Additionally, livestreaming of the gathering by Sunset Hills may provide an additional solution to limitations on group size.
- Wait it out - Stay home if you are sick.
- Cleaning Protocols: Although we prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our facilities, we have put additional measures into place to keep all surfaces clean throughout the day.
We understand that the anxiety and stress that occurs during the death of a loved one, compounded with a global pandemic, can bring an enormous amount of confusion, angst and concern. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to talk about your individual situation.
As always, those needing the immediate assistance of a Funeral Director please call our 24hr. number: 541-342-6853
- For non-emergency contact you can call the number above or email us at email@example.com
- To make arrangements online visit our website at https://www.sunsethillseugene.com/
Our dedicated staff stands ready to assist, thank you all for your understanding and consideration during these difficult times.
Updated July 23, 2020