COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN - Sunset Hills Funeral Home, Crematorium and Cemetery will continue to operate 24/7 to serve our families. We acknowledge the ever-changing situation that COVID-19 has brought to Funeral Service. To be as responsive as possible, we continue to make changes to our business practices. Please check our web page for regular updates.
While we are keeping normal business hours, we are not operating as business as usual. As with all first responders, the health and safety of our community and staff is very important to us. To that end, our primary goal is to be socially responsible and comply with the Governor’s Executive order 20-12 “Stay Home, Save Lives”.
Serving families in Lane County is our mission. During the COVID-19 outbreak, we vow to go out of our way to keep everybody as safe as possible while visiting Sunset Hills, or whenever they come in contact with our staff.
Below are additional procedures Sunset Hills has recently implemented in an effort to deliver quality care and services to families and protect the health of all. These protocols are subject to change as necessary.
- Virtual Arrangements: We will endeavor to assist customers remotely through electronic means whenever possible.
- Online cremation arrangements can be planned via our website for both present and future needs. Please visit the Online Arrangements section at Sunsethillseugene.com
- Video conferencing, electronic documents signing, and email are also available.
- On-site Arrangements: Until further notice, arrangement meetings are by appointment only, and will be limited to a maximum of three (4) people.
- Social Distancing: For everyone’s safety, we will actively be practicing social distancing. Six (6) feet of space will be required by all customers and staff. During those instances when documents require signature, payment needs to be made, or other materials need to exchange hands, we will be utilizing multiple methods to keep our families safe. Ex: single use pens and/or gloves if needed.
- Public Gatherings (published events): Funerals, Memorials, Graveside Committals and Visitations will not be scheduled at our facilities and/or cemeteries at the present time.
- Private Gatherings: Private gathering may be permitted under special circumstances. When allowed, the gathering must be in compliance with all State and County regulations. No gathering may exceed a maximum of 25 people. All social distancing protocols will be both utilized and available. Additionally, livestreaming in some situations may provide a solution to limitations on group size.
- Cleaning Protocols: Although we prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our facilities, we have put additional measures into place to keep all surfaces clean throughout the day.
We are encouraging families to consider utilizing livestreaming of event (Sunset Hills can assist with this) to limit the size of gatherings. Scheduling the event later into the year, or until the risk of COVID-19 has been diminished is another alternative.
Our dedicated staff is here to help. We understand that the anxiety and stress that occurs during the death of a loved one, compounded with a global pandemic, can bring an enormous amount of confusion, angst and concern. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to talk about your individual situation.
As always, those needing the immediate assistance of a
Funeral Director please call our 24hr. number: 541-342-6853
- For non-emergency contact you can call the number above or email us at email@example.com
- To make arrangements online visit our website at https://www.sunsethillseugene.com/
Our dedicated staff stands ready to assist, thank you all for your understanding and consideration during these difficult times.